Friday, March 5, 2010

Blog pormpt for 3-5

The chapters about Krakauer were highly entertaining, first, because i love mountain climbing, and second, because it gav eme a break from reading about chris's boring shit. but as for the actual prompt, yes, it made his recount of chris's story more credibible. It is easy to imagine Krakauer as a skinnyass hippie journalist for a nature magazine, but hearing about his ordeal, my image of him became much clearer, and as a result, i can view his commentary about Chris with trust because they are coming from a person with experience in the subject area.

2 comments:

  1. You make a really good point about Krakauer being a credible person to discuss life in the wild. It is so hard for me to believe how parallel Krakauer's experience was with Chris'. I think for that reason alone I have a hard time finding it to make Chris' story more credible. I don't think it discredits Chris in any way, but I just have a hard time imagining how it made his argument more credible. Maybe Krakauer was just as irresponsible and crazy as Chris was at that point in his life, but was lucky enough to survive. I don't think we will ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you for the most part, although I found Chris' stories much more entertaining and interesting than I found Krakauers. But I do agree with what you're saying about Krakauers experience making Chris' stories sound more credible. And yes, it is easy to imagine Krakauer as a skinny ass hippie journalist and hearing about his stories also made me understand and get a better look of who he really is.

    ReplyDelete